Rising Damp Solutions
Rising Damp Solutions in Banbury and the surrounding areas.
Rising Damp usually occurs when unprotected porous materials (e.g. bricks and stone) come into contact with damp earth.
There are many symptoms associated with damp:
- Damp is unsightly and causes damage to decoration, manifesting itself often as wavy lines along walls, peaking at corners.
- Damp often leads to timber decay, particularly in older properties with unprotected timbers.
- Damage is caused to plaster and rendering as a result of hygroscopic salt contamination
- The moisture present often increases the conductivity of the walls, resulting in increased heat loss from the property.
- The health of you and these around you can be put at risk due to the increase in fungal and mould growth spores.
- Damp can affect all unprotected wall whether internal or external.
Methods of control vary because there are four main sources of dampness:
- Rising Damp
- Penetrating Damp
- The weather
- Dampness caused by plumbing
Our fully trained and experienced survey ours will correctly diagnose the nature of the problem and recommend the most effective damp proofing system for your particular problem and property.
You will also have a peace of mind an insured long term guarantee for the work carried out.
Rising Damp is cured by:
Water based fluids are pressure injected into the walls to combat the damp. Pressure injection works best in a sound wall of fairly uniform porosity.
This grouting type of material is ideal for many applications, particularly where a good sized bed - joint is in evidence. The damp-proofing agent is carried into the porous mortar beds and rubble by the Rising Damp, where it crystallises to form an impermeable barrier to control subsequent water rise.
The cream is introduced into a series of holes drilled into the motor course by the means of an application gun. Once the cream is installed, it fusses before curing to form a water replant resin this prevents damp from rising up the wall.
For basement and cellar conversions and new build please see our other website www.oxfordbasements.co.uk
Contact Rentacure Ltd today on 01993 771 632 for a free quotation.